This delicious Slow Cooker Creamy Italian Chicken comes together in a snap. With very few ingredients, it’s an easy meal to throw together and let the crock pot do all of the work. A delicious family meal that everyone will love.
Slow Cooker Creamy Italian Chicken
A delicious family meal. Serve over warm pasta, rice, or mashed potatoes for a hearty meal.
What I love about this recipe:
- It’s so easy to make – just throw it all in the crockpot and let it do the cooking
- Delicious served over rice, mashed potatoes, or on any type of pasta
- Always a big hit
- It is customizable – If you don’t like cream of chicken soup, you can use cream of celery, cream of mushroom, or cream of celery soup
Make-Ahead and Storage:
Can I Make Creamy Italian Chicken in Advance?
Yes! You can make this recipe ahead of time and warm through when ready to eat it
How long will this Creamy Chicken Recipe last in the fridge?
Cooked chicken generally lasts 3-4 days when stored covered in the refrigerator
Microwave creamy chicken or place in a covered saucepan over low/medium heat stirring occasionally until heated through
What Can I Serve Creamy Italian Chicken Over?
- cooked rice
- cooked and drained pasta
- mashed potatoes
What goes well with this meal?
- Italian salad
- warm french bread slices
- Cheesy Garlic Bread
- fruit salad
- a delicious dessert like – creamy rice pudding, or whip up some homemade berry sauce to serve over ice cream
Tips and Tricks:
- make sure you are using room-temperature softened cream cheese to avoid lumps
- cut the cream cheese into cubes to help it melt faster and distribute it evenly
- garnish ideas include fresh-cut parmesan cheese and parsley
- serve over carbs – like rice, potatoes, or pasta
- cook on high for a few hours or on low for around 6 hours – making sure chicken is completely cooked through and white with no pink before serving it
- I did not use broth in this recipe because the juices from the chicken will blend with the cream cheese and soup to make a nice gravy, however, if you want to add some liquid, you could add 1 cup of chicken broth
If you are ready to make this delicious Crockpot meal, let’s make sure you have everything you’ll need:
- chicken breasts – boneless and skinless
- condensed cream of chicken soup – you can substitute another “cream of” if you prefer. It will change the flavor slightly, but if you love mushrooms, then cream of mushroom would be a delicious alternative
- zesty Italian dressing mix – this is what packs most of the flavor in this recipe. Just peel and pour
- salt and pepper – just a small amount of salt and pepper will do and it really depends on how much you like to salt and pepper your chicken
- cream cheese – you can use reduced fat or original in this recipe
How do you make 4 Ingredient Slow Cooker Italian Chicken?
- spray some non-stick cooking spray in your slow cooker
- add the chicken breasts to the bottom of the slow cooker
- sprinkle some salt and pepper onto the chicken breasts
- to the chicken breasts, spread the cream of chicken soup
- place cream cheese all around the top of the soup
- pour the Italian dressing mix out evenly around the top of the cream cheese and soup
- place the lid onto the slow cooker and turn on high
- cook for 3 hours – make sure the chicken is cooked through with no pink
- make pasta, rice, or mashed potatoes to serve the chicken over
More Pasta Dishes