This Cheesy Garlic Bread is the easiest appetizer that everyone will love. It’s the perfect appetizer to make quickly for guests or for your holiday meals. Perfect for game day, too. With a creamy cheese and garlic spread, it’s hard to resist.
Cheesy Garlic Bread Recipe
This is one of my favorite appetizers. It’s so versatile. Of course, everyone loves it plain with a creamy cheese mixture baked on top of a French bread loaf, but I also love it with toppings. I personally, love to load this bread up with veggies like artichoke hearts, or greek olives.
What I love about this recipe:
- It’s so super quick and easy to make
- You can really change it up by adding any topping you can think of that might go well with bread
- A great bread to dip into a sauce
- The perfect finger food for a party or game day
Make Ahead and Storage:
Can you make Cheesy Garlic Bread ahead of time?
Garlic bread is most certainly best when served fresh and warm, but it is still delicious after it has cooled off. If you want to make it days in advance, store it covered in the fridge.
Reheating: Cover with non-stick foil and bake for about 5 minutes at 350 degrees or until heated through
What Can You Eat with Cheesy Garlic Bread?
- dip it into pizza sauce
- with spaghetti
- creamy soups
- Italian soups
- roasted chicken
Can I Freeze this Garlic Bread?
This particular recipe has mayonnaise in it which has not proven to be a great candidate for freezing. While the taste will be the same, the mayonnaise might break apart impacting the texture
Tips and Tricks:
- consider adding toppings like marinated artichoke, roasted peppers, or greek olives before baking
- don’t forget to keep a close eye on your bread while it is under the broiler – your bread can go quickly from golden brown to burnt in seconds
Are you ready to make this Cheesy Bread? Let’s make sure you have everything you’ll need:
- French Bread Loaves or Italian Bread Loaves
- Garlic Powder
- Shredded Cheese such as Monterey Jack or Mozzarella
- Optional – toppings such as caramelized onions, roasted red pepper, artichoke hearts, roasted asparagus
How do you make Cheesy Garlic Bread?
- slice the bread in half
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix the mayo, garlic powder, and cheese
- spread the cheese mixture onto both halves
- place bread under the broiler for about 5 minutes or until golden and bubbly