This delicious Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Dip is the perfect appetizer for the holidays and game day. Easy to make. Just put ingredients in the slow cooker and let it do the work for you while you get ready for the big day.
Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Dip
This dip is always a hit with everyone. Make it with mild wing sauce for a mild dip or use hot buffalo wing sauce to really crank up the spicy flavor. With so many types of wing sauce variations made today, you can definitely change the flavor in this dip.
What I Love About This Dip
- it’s so easy to make with very few ingredients
- made in the slow cooker to free up your hands to get more things done
- delicious and a crowd pleaser
- perfect for holidays and game day
- rich and creamy dip
Make Ahead and Storage:
Can I make Buffalo Chicken Dip Ahead of Time?
Yes! Make the dip and store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator until you are ready to warm it up and serve
You could also layer ingredients and place them in an airtight container until you are ready to cook them in the crockpot
How long will Buffalo Chicken Dip last?
Buffalo Chicken Dip made with rotisserie chicken will last 3-4 days when stored properly in the refrigerator
What Can I Serve with Buffalo Chicken Dip?
- slices of a french baguette
- butter crackers
- Ritz crackers
- celery sticks – sliced
- corn chips
- tortilla chips
Tips and Tricks:
- for a quick shortcut and most flavor – use the breast from a rotisserie chicken already cooked as your chicken ingredient, or you can cook up some chicken breast in your oven
- occasionally mix the ingredients in the slow cooker. You don’t want to open the slow cooker too often because heat escapes with every lid opening
- this dip only needs to cook for about an hour
- once the dip has cooked, place it on a warm setting for serving or place on a platter to serve
- serve with french baguette slices, crackers, or celery sticks
Are you ready to make this deliciously warm and creamy dip? Let’s make sure you have everything you’ll need:
- cream cheese – whole fat cream cheese is best for this recipe, but you can use reduced fat
- ranch dressing – I used Hidden Valley Ranch dressing. I really do think that the quality of the ranch dressing makes a difference in this recipe
- wing sauce – I used the original flavor, but you could use mild, or hot
- cheese – shredded cheddar cheese is best for this recipe, but you can use sharp cheddar instead
- cooked shredded chicken breast – I used a rotisserie chicken from my local grocery store
- optional: blue cheese crumbles for garnish
- optional: green onion slices for garnish
Top Amazon Picks for this recipe
How do you make Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Dip?
- in a slow cooker, add the cream cheese bricks, ranch dressing, wing sauce, and cheese
- place the lid on and turn it on high
- cook for about 1 hour