A great recipe for any salsa lover. Complete with Black Beans, Purple Onions, Corn, Tomatoes, and Cilantro, this Black Bean Salsa is the perfect summer appetizer, side, or healthy snack. Delicious and easy to make. It’s the perfect dish for any summer cookout.
Black Bean Salsa
What I love about this recipe:
- incredibly easy to make
- only 6 ingredients
- always a big hit
- healthy and delicious
- the ingredients are easy to come by
Make-Ahead and storage
Can I make Black Bean Salsa Ahead of Time?
You can make black bean salsa a day in advance. Any more time than that and the ingredients will not be fresh enough for this recipe
Storage: Store black bean salsa covered in the refrigerator
Can I double or triple this recipe?
Yes! You can easily double or triple this recipe. If you are just looking to add a little bit more volume to this recipe, then you can always add another tomato or two
Is Black Bean Salsa Healthy?
Black bean salsa is full of nutrients, antioxidants, and vitamins. This salsa recipe is very healthy with beans, corn, purple onion, cilantro, and tomatoes. The only ingredients that might have a negative quality would be salt for its’ sodium content and the chips that you eat along with this salsa.
How Should I Serve Black Bean Salsa?
Serve black bean salsa as an appetizer, a side, a topping for steak or burgers, a taco topping, or as a salad mix-in
What Should I Serve with this Black Bean Salsa?
- tortilla chips
- corn chips
- toasted bread sliced
- sliced vegetables
Tips and Tricks:
- you can change this recipe up by simply adding green pepper for more flavor or jalapeno flavor for a little kick. You can also add a little sweetness to this recipe by adding chopped mango or apricots
- double or triple this recipe but go easy on the salt. I would still keep the salt 1/2 tsp. until you taste it. If you think it needs more salt then add 1/2 tsp. at a time
Are you ready to make this Salsa? Let’s make sure you have everything you’ll need…
- black beans – I don’t really worry about name brands with black beans. Any can of black beans will do
- corn – sweet corn is what I prefer for this recipe
- tomatoes – If you don’t like juicy salsa, then use Roma tomatoes. They tend to be on the dry side. I like to use a large juicy tomato like beefsteak
- purple onion – I would not substitute another onion for this recipe, but if you really can’t use a purple onion then try another sweet onion like Vidalia
- cilantro – fresh cilantro is preferred for this recipe
- salt – plain ole’ iodized table salt is what I use for this recipe
How do you make Black Bean Salsa?
- drain and rinse the beans and corn
- chop tomato or tomatoes
- chope fresh cilantro
- in a medium-sized bowl add the beans, corn, tomatoes, cilantro, and salt
- mix well
- serve with tortilla chips, as a topping on tacos or burgers, or as a salad add-in
Flatbread Pizza with asparagus and caramelized onionsPrint