This delicious Flatbread Pizza Recipe – or a light meal, uses a flatbread crust or Naan bread as a crust and is easy to throw together.
Flatbread Pizza Recipe – with caramelized onions and asparagus
What do you Eat with Flatbread?
I love making pizza out of flatbread. There is very little prep time involved and the combinations of flavors are endless.
Some Delicious flatbread pizza recipe combinations are:
- Margherita Flatbread Pizza – tomato pizza sauce, mozzarella, and basil
- Buffalo Chicken Flatbread Pizza – Buffalo sauce, blue cheese, mozzarella cheese, red onion
- Greek Flatbread Pizza – hummus, greek olives, tomato, and artichoke
- Pesto flatbread pizza – basil pesto, cherry tomatoes, feta, and mozzarella cheese
- Pepperoni flatbread pizza – tomato pizza sauce, pepperoni, and mozzarella cheese
- BBQ flatbread – Barbecue sauce, pineapple chunks, and crisp bacon pieces
- Spinach and Artichoke – olive oil base, cooked spinach, quartered artichokes, crumbled feta, and mozzarella cheese
- White pizza – white sauce, cooked chicken breast cubes, sauteed spinach, parmesan, and mozzarella cheese
- Basile, Mushroom, and Sausage Pizza – tomato pizza sauce, sauteed mushrooms, crumbled cooked sausage, fresh basil leaves, and mozzarella cheese
- Arugula and Prosciutto – drizzle olive oil, ricotta cheese, mozzarella cheese, prosciutto pieces, and sliced chives. After it has cooked add fresh arugula and optional red pepper flakes
What is the Difference Between Flatbread and Naan Bread?
Flatbread is like a cross between Pita bread and Naan. Unlike Naan, it’s made without yeast and is unleavened bread. Flatbread is usually oblong-shaped. Naan might be easier to find at your local grocery store and is a great substitute for flatbread.
Can you Grill Flatbread Pizza?
Absolutely! It’s my preferred way. Just place pizza over medium/high heat directly onto the grill. Turn every other burner off so pizza is halfway over direct and halfway over indirect heat. Move the pizza around every couple of minutes to ensure the bottom does not char.
Are you looking for easy and delicious appetizers? Check out some of my other recipe posts, like:
- Over 11 Holiday Appetizers
- Taco Ring with Crescent Rolls
- Cream Cheese and Mushroom on Rye Bread Bites
Do I need to Use a Baking Sheet When Cooking Flatbread Pizza in the Oven?
You do not need to use a baking sheet to cook flatbread pizza. You can cook it directly on the oven rack, on a baking sheet, or on a pizza stone. Make sure your oven rack is placed high enough above the heat source so that it will not burn.
Are you ready to make these Party Rye Bread Appetizers? Let’s make sure you have everything you need.
- 2 flatbread crusts – if you can’t find flatbread, Naan bread is a great substitute
- 1 Tblsp. of Olive Oil
- dash of salt
- 1/2 cup of coarsely chopped red onion
- 1 bundle of fresh asparagus
- 1/4 tsp. ground pepper
- 1/4 tsp. of ground mustard
- 4 cloves of garlic – minced
- 1/2 cup of mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup of grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup of mayonnaise
How do you make flatbread pizza?
- pick from the many combinations of pizza recipe ideas for flatbread pizza
- spread your base on flatbread – either olive oil, pesto sauce, tomato pizza sauce, or even hummus
- add toppings
- sprinkle cheese
- bake directly on the oven rack, on a pizza stone, or on a grill
- Depending on your pizza recipe, the total time will be around 8-10 minutes
Storing Leftover Flatbread Pizza:
Just like any other pizza, store flatbread pizza in a container with wax paper between slices.
Reheating Flatbread Pizza:
The best method for reheating leftover pizza is in an iron skillet. Place one or two pieces of pizza in the skillet, crust side down. Place the lid over the skillet and cook over low heat for about 8 minutes