A delicious Crab Salad Recipe that is easy to make, creamy, and filling. Enjoy this recipe as an appetizer, a side, or as an incredible seafood sandwich. Made with simple ingredients like green pepper, lemon juice, imitation crab, mayo, and spices, this crab salad is a must-have recipe for all of your potlucks and holiday parties.
Easy and Delicious Crab Salad
Ready in less than 10 minutes, this crab salad recipe is one you’ll want to have on hand. Serve over salad greens as a light and creamy lunch or on buttery crackers as an appetizer.
Things I love about this Imitation Crab Salad
- simple ingredients – there are no complicated hard to find spices or ingredients in this recipe
- it’s so creamy – the creaminess makes this a delicious sandwich or the perfect spread on crackers for your holiday party
- as soon as my leftovers are gone, I find myself looking forward to making it again and of course – eating it
- it’s light and refreshing – make it with low-fat mayo for a lower-calorie recipe
- if you need to feed a crowd, simply double or triple this recipe
How far in advance can I make this Crab Salad?
Make-Ahead and Storage:
Make this crab salad a few days in advance. Store covered in the refrigerator and mix one last time before serving
Storage: Store this salad covered in the fridge for up to 3 days
Freezing: It is not recommended to freeze this salad recipe
Serving: Serve on greens, on crackers, as a side, or as a sandwich
Is Imitation Crab Meat good for Weight Loss?
Imitation crab is low in calories. However, added to other ingredients like mayonnaise dressing can add calories. Use a light mayonnaise to keep crab salad low calorie
What is Crab Salad Made With?
Typically crab salad is made with imitation crab meat, lemon juice, mayonnaise, veggies, spices like Old Bay Seasoning, dill, salt, and pepper.
Add-Ins for Crab Salad:
- raisins or dried cranberries
- diced red bell pepper
- jalapeno seeded and chopped – for a little kick
- crushed red pepper – to add more spice
- red onion – chopped
- tomato – diced
- green onion
- green bell pepper
- nuts for crunch and flavor
- garlic powder
Tips and Tricks:
- mix the mayo, lemon, and spices with a whisk, and then fold in the rest of your ingredients
- use a light mayonnaise to make this a lower-calorie recipe
- double or triple the recipe for parties
Are you ready to make this delicious cold crab salad? Let’s make sure you have everything you need…
- lemon juice – I used bottled lemon juice but feel free to use freshly squeezed lemon juice if you have it
- mayonnaise – I don’t have a particular brand that I use over another, but I do NOT recommend using Miracle Whip for this recipe
- salt – I used regular table salt, but you can use Kosher if preferred
- pepper – ground black pepper
- dill – I used dried dill, and then added fresh as a garnish. If you prefer fresh then double the amount of dry
- imitation crab meat – imitation crab is easy to cut and preserves well. I used leg-style that I chopped up, but feel free to use flake style instead
- green onion – some people use red onion in their recipes, but I like the mild flavor of green onion in this crab salad
- celery – this adds a nice crunch and refreshing taste
- green bell pepper – another ingredient that adds a refreshing taste and a nice crunch
How do you make Crab Salad?
- In a large bowl, whisk the mayo, lemon juice, and spices
- Add the rest of the ingredients and fold them into the dressing
- optional: garnish with fresh dill