This delicious Pumpkin Dump Cake is a fun and really easy twist on a delicious Pumpkin Pie. It would make a great addition to your Thanksgiving meal this year. Filled with all the flavors of fall yumminess, it’s sure to be a hit with everyone.
Pumpkin Dump Cake Recipe
My family couldn’t wait to try this delicious-smelling cake. And, once they did, they didn’t leave it alone until it was completely gone. It’s such a classic pumpkin pie comfort food that is perfect for fall and your Thanksgiving holiday.
What I like about this recipe:
- simple, fun and done – It’s all of the flavors of a pumpkin pie without the work
- very simple ingredients
- tastes like you baked it from scratch
- with so many fall spices, it has a delicious smelling aroma that will fill your house with a cozy feeling
Make Ahead and Storage:
Can I make this Dump Cake Ahead of Time?
Yes. You can absolutely make this dump cake ahead of time. Of, course the best time to eat this cake, in my opinion, is while it is still warm and fresh out of the oven. If you do want to make it in advance, store it loosely covered in the refrigerator for up to 3-5 days.
Storage: Cover and store this in the refrigerator for up to 5 days
Reheating: Let the cake come up to room temperature. Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 5-10 minutes or until heated through
What are Dump Cakes?
They are layers of fruit (usually a pie filling), then, cake mix, and finally melted butter which is baked and made into a moist cake. Some people would say that they are similar to a cobbler.
Do I Need to Refrigerate my Dump Cake?
You can certainly leave your dump cake out at room temperature for a couple of days. After that, cover loosely and refrigerate for a few more days.
Tips and Tricks:
- Making a dump cake is fun and really easy to do. Be sure to spread ingredients out as evenly as you can to ensure they are distributed for maximum results
- Be sure to grease or butter your cake pan before baking
- You can substitute pumpkin pie mix for the canned pumpkin, but remember to omit the sugar or you might have something a little too sweet on your hands
- Remember that this is really like an upside-down pie when it’s all said and done.
Let’s make sure you have everything you need to make this delicious cake:
- canned pumpkin
- evaporated milk – adds a creamy texture to your cake
- large eggs – eggs are important in cakes because they help the batter firm up
- brown sugar – remember – if you are using pumpkin pie mix then ditch the sugar or it might be too sweet
- spice cake mix – I found mine in the baking aisle at my local grocery store
- unsalted butter – this will be in its melted form. Be sure to evenly distribute this on top of the cake mix to give it the moisture it needs and the ability to puff up
- (optional) halved pecans
Here are my top Amazon picks for this recipe:
How do you Make a Pumpkin Dump Cake?
- preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- in a medium-sized bowl, mix the pumpkin, milk, eggs, and brown sugar
- spread into a greased 9×13 cake pan
- shake the cake mix evenly over the pie filling – spread out if necessary
- drizzle melted butter – evenly over the cake mix
- bake for 50 minutes
More Fall Desserts