This Fruit Salsa Recipe is a refreshing and easy-to-make appetizer or dessert that is perfect for any get-together or summer party. A fun twist on salsa that is definitely going to be a big hit.
Fruit Salsa Recipe
I love “Salsa” anything in any form or fashion. Mango salsa, tomato salsa, black bean salsa…you name it. But, I’ve never had fruit salsa. How is that even possible?
I’m so happy that fruit salsa is now in my life. How did I ever get along without it?
This particular recipe is made with a fruit preserve mixed with sugars. The preserves give the fruit a syrup-type coating that is delicious. If you’d rather not have the fruit preserve coating you can simply substitute lemon juice for a fresher approach.
What Can you Put in Fruit Salsa?
Fruit salsa is a great recipe for most fruit and berries. Some good fruit ideas and combinations would include…
- orange slices
How Long Will Fruit Salsa Last?
- Fresh fruit salsa should be eaten within a day. If kept longer, the fruit will tend to over-ripen and become soggy or rot
Can I substitute Fruits in the Salsa?
- You can substitute any fruit that you think will taste good and the texture will hold up in your fruit salsa. Bananas might tend to mush up a bit, so you might want to stay away from adding them to your salsa. Good fruits to use would be, cherries, grapes, kiwi, strawberry, blueberry, raspberry, orange slices, pineapple, and so much more
Do you have to use butter to make cinnamon sugar chips?
- No. You can use a butter spray that you simply spray on both sides of the tortilla
How Do You Make Cinnamon Sugar Chips?
(Cinnamon Tortilla Chips)
- Place parchment paper on a baking sheet
- Rub butter on both sides of a flour tortilla
- Sprinkle cinnamon sugar on both sides
- Cut the tortilla into wedges and place on a baking sheet
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 10 minutes or until crisp
What Can I use besides Cinnamon Chips to dip into my fruit salsa?
- cinnamon graham crackers
- spoon salsa over angel food cake or pound cake slices
- pretzel thins
- other fruit
- thin butter or vanilla cookies
- cinnamon pita chips
Here are my top Amazon Picks for this recipe…
More Appetizers to Try
If you love to cook and have fun…Come hang out with us on Facebook:
Click here for – Recipes Passed Down Facebook Page
Here’s the printable for Homemade Fruit Salsa…Print