A delicious fall dessert that tastes like a cobbler or pumpkin pie.
- 1 (15 oz.) can of canned pumpkin
- 1 (12 oz.) can of evaporated milk
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup of light brown sugar
- 1 (15 oz.) box of spice cake mix
- 3/4 cup of unsalted butter (1&1/2 sticks)
- optional – 1/2 cup of halved pecans
- preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- in a medium-sized bowl, mix the pumpkin, milk, eggs, and brown sugar
- spread into a greased 9×13 cake pan
- shake the cake mix evenly over the pie filling – spread out if necessary
- drizzle melted butter – evenly over the cake mix
- bake for 50 minutes
Can I make this Dump Cake Ahead of Time?
Yes. You can absolutely make this dump cake ahead of time. Of, course the best time to eat this cake, in my opinion, is while it is still warm and fresh out of the oven. If you do want to make it in advance, store it loosely covered in the refrigerator for up to 3-5 days.
Storage: Cover and store this in the refrigerator for up to 5 days
Reheating: Let the cake come up to room temperature. Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 5-10 minutes or until heated through
What are Dump Cakes?
They are layers of fruit (usually a pie filling), then, cake mix, and finally melted butter which is baked and made into a moist cake. Some people would say that they are similar to a cobbler.
Do I Need to Refrigerate my Dump Cake?
You can certainly leave your dump cake out at room temperature for a couple of days. After that, cover loosely and refrigerate for a few more days.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 50 minutes