Delicious Apple Cider Donut Bites that are easy to make and unbelievably delicious. Baked donut bites that are baked with the flavors of apple cider and cloves and then rolled in cinnamon sugar, these apple cider donuts are the epitome of fall comfort food.
Apple Cider Donut Bites
There is just nothing like biting into a fresh-out-of-the-oven donut. The warmth from the freshly baked goodness doesn’t just provide physical warmth, it provides all the warmth and coziness of fall. It’s the perfect sweet treat.
What I love about this recipe:
- it’s homemade and full of cozy comfort food feels
- easy to make
- ingredients are easy to find – you probably have most of them already
- baked in a muffin tin and not fried – which makes it easy to bake and way more healthy than a regular donut
Make Ahead and Storage:
How far in Advance Can I Make Apple Cider Donut Bites?
Apple Cider donut bites can be left covered at room temperature for a few days. They will stay fresh and delicious. However, the best time to eat them is the day of making them.
Storing: Store these donut bites at room temperature for up to 4 days
Are these Donut Bites completely round?
No. They are baked in a mini muffin tin, so they will be muffin shaped with a round top
Can I Change these Donut Bites into Actual Donut Shapes?
Yes! Just use a donut baking pan. You won’t get as many donuts because the donut shape will take a bit more batter. Spoon batter into the donut molds until they are about 2/3 full.
Tips and Tricks:
- use a mini muffin tin. A mini muffin tin will provide the best shape that mostly resembles donut holes
- fill muffin tin cavities about 2/3 full
- while donut bites are still warm, and coat them in butter and cinnamon sugar
that are easy to make and unbelievably delicious. Baked donut bites that are baked with the flavors of apple cider and cloves and then rolled in cinnamon sugar, these apple cider donuts are the epitome of fall comfort food. www.recipespasseddown.com”>
Are you ready to make these delicious fall donut treats? Let’s make sure you have everything you’ll need:
- apple cider – This should be easy to find in the fall, but now grocery stores actually carry it year-round. You can usually find it in the juice aisle
- all-purpose flour
- baking powder – baking powder reacts the moment it gets wet. It will start expanding that dough to make fluffy pockets of dough when baked
- allspice – allspice is a spice that reminds me of a combination of cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves all rolled into one. It’s the perfect spice for this recipe and should easily be found in your baking aisle at the grocery store
- ground cloves -whole cloves for baking are a little dark brown twig-looking spice and are typically used in sweet fall treats and a lot of fall drinks like mulled cider. Ground cloves will be a dark brown color. You can find this in the baking aisle of any grocery store
- salt – table salt
- sour cream – this provides a creaminess to your donut with ultimate moisture
- buttermilk – gives a moist and tender aspect to your donut
- brown sugar
- large egg
- vanilla extract – I like to use pure vanilla extract
- unsalted butter
- granulated sugar
- ground cinnamon
How do you make these Apple Cider Donut Bites?
- preheat the oven
- butter (24-count) mini muffin tins
- cook down the apple cider to half of the liquid – it will get a little bit thicker and will most likely have some spices that have separated at the bottom
- in a large mixing bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, spices, and salt
- in a separate bowl, mix the cooled apple cider, sour cream, buttermilk, brown sugar, egg, and the butter which has been melted and slightly cooled
- add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until combined
- ladle batter into a zip-tight bag and snip one corner
- pipe the batter into 24 mini muffin tin cavities
- bake for 12-15 minutes
- cool slightly
- dip into melted butter and roll in cinnamon sugar