This recipe for Roast Beef with Pepperoncini in the Slow Cooker is one of the easiest and most popular recipes. With only 4 ingredients all cooked in the slow cooker, it’s as easy as it is delicious.
Roast Beef with Pepperoncini
This is an old family recipe that I have been holding onto, until Super Bowl Season. I think this is the most perfect meal for game day. If I had a restaurant…this would be a featured sandwich. It’s that good!
This is a standard meal when we have company. It just doesn’t get much easier than this, so when I’m running around the house trying to get ready for company, it’s nice to know that dinner is cooking away all on its’ own.
Things I Love about this Recipe:
- This is a great meal for the busiest nights and holidays and of course
- It’s the perfect sandwich for game day
- Only 4 ingredients
- There’s really no exact science to the amount of broth or pepperoncini juice. It changes every time that I make it
- Always a hit
- Tender roast beef makes for a hearty meal
Make-Ahead and Storage:
Can I make this recipe ahead of time?
Yes! This roast beef can easily be made a couple of days in advance
Reheat refrigerated Peppernoncini Roast beef in a large saucepan with the lid on
Can I Freeze Roast with Pepperoncini?
Yes! This recipe makes a great freezer meal. Simply place cooled-off meat in its’ juices in a freezer bag and freeze for up to 2 months
What are the Best Cuts of Beef for this Roast Recipe?
- Rump Roast or Chuck Roast is my preferred pot roast. They always cook up nice and tender
Tips and Tricks:
- try not to open the slow cooker while it is slow roasting that beautiful pot roast in all of its’ juices – the heat will escape and it will take longer to cook
- I usually don’t use the measurement for this recipe. I like to pour the broth until it’s about halfway up the sides of the pot roast. I sprinkle the top of the broth with seasoning and the top of the roast until they are both covered, and I add about half the jar of pepperoncini juice
- my favorite cut of roast would be a rump roast or a chuck roast for this recipe
Here are my top Amazon Picks for these Slow Cooker Italian Beef Sandwiches…
Are you ready to make this recipe? Let’s make sure you have everything you’ll need:
- Rump Roast – about 3 lbs. – you can use chuck roast in place of rump roast
- chicken broth
- Italian Seasoning
- Sliced or whole Peperoncini
How do you Make Roast Beef with Pepperoncini?
- Place the roast in the slow cooker
- Pour the chicken broth and 1 cup of juice from the jar of Peperoncini over the roast
- Sprinkle the Italian seasoning over the roast, and some into the juices
- Add about 1 cup of the sliced Peperoncini to the juices, and all over the roast
- Set the crock pot to high, and leave for about 5 hours, or until tender
- Test with a fork to see if the roast easily pulls apart – if it’s not quite pulling apart, reach down into the slow cooker with a fork and knife, and cut into small pieces so the juices can soak into the meat (this will also help cook the meat a little faster).
- If it pulls apart with a fork, then start pulling it apart into smaller chunks to allow the juices to soak in
- Let it cook for about an hour longer allowing the roast to saturate with the juices and herbs
- It should be pretty tender by now, pull it apart again with a fork leaving tender strips of meat in the juices
- Keep the crock pot on warm
- Serve with delicious bakery rolls, the sliced Peperoncini, and juice from the crock pot
More Slow Cooker Recipes to Try
I’d love it if you’d come and hang out with me on Social Media –
Facebook Page for Recipes Passed Down
Facebook Group where we share recipes – Our Best Recipes and Holiday Treats
I can’t wait to see you there!Print