I love Dump Cakes. Just dump the ingredients in and Voila’ – a delicious cake. They are so easy to make and always a big hit with everyone. This Cherry Pineapple Dump Cake is full of delicious flavors that I’m sure will delight your taste buds.
Cherry Pineapple Dump Cake
Dump cakes are some of my very favorite cakes. I have to admit, I am not the biggest fan of just any cake with frosting. I am more of a pie lover, myself. This cake has that same fruity, juicy pie filling texture with the crust of a cake, so it’s a winner in my book.
Why I love this Dump Cake Recipe:
- fruit filling
- easy to make
- kids can help
- always a hit
Make-Ahead and Storage:
This cake is 100% moist. Any leftovers will continue to moisten the cake portion as it sits out. Think of it like a cobbler.
It can be left out on the counter and covered for up to 2-3 days. It can also be covered an stored in the refrigerator for 2-3 days.
Why is it called a Dump Cake?
A dump cake is a mixture of a cobbler and a cake. The ingredients are literally dumped into the baking dish – with some spreading out required – and baked. That’s really it!
What is the difference between a cobbler and a dump cake?
Both dump cakes and cobblers have a crust and some type of fruit. The difference is that a dump cake usually includes a yellow cake and a cobbler has more of a pie crust
Can I Freeze a Dump Cake?
This cake is at its’ best on the day it is made and fresh. I would not recommend freezing this cake. You can, however, cover and refrigerate it for up to 3 days.
Tips and Tricks for making this Cherry Pineapple Dump Cake:
- dump 2 cans of fruit to the bottom of a large cake pan – about a 9×13 inch baking pan
- spread those layers out
- shake the cake mix over the fruit
- spread the cake layer out so it covers a good portion of the fruit base – as best you can
- melt the butter and evenly distribute it the best you can over the cake mix
Are you ready to make this cherry pineapple dump cake? Let’s make sure you have everything you’ll need…
- a can of cherry pie filling
- 1 can of crushed pineapple
- yellow cake mix
- unsalted butter
Additional add-ins (optional)
- shredded coconut
- pecan halves or pieces
How do you make a dump cake?
Dump cakes all follow the same formula.
They have a fruit base, a cake mix, and melted butter spread out on top of the cake mix.
- Use 2 containers of fruit filling (about the size of a pie filling can) – this can be applesauce, pie filling, canned fruit with juices, canned fruit with syrup, etc…
- Then add yellow cake mix to the top of your fruit – you may need to spread it out
- Add melted butter
- Additional toppings can be nuts, shredded coconut, crumble topping, or more fruit
- Bake and enjoy
Here are my top Amazon Picks for this recipe…
More Desserts to Try Out
I’d love it if you’d come and hang out with me on Social Media –
Facebook Page for Recipes Passed Down Facebook Page
Facebook Group where we share recipes – Our Best Recipes and Holiday Treats Facebook Group
I can’t wait to see you there!
Finally, here’s the recipe for you…Print