Easy to make spider web cookies for a fun Halloween treat. Perfect for parties or after-school treats for the kids.
Spider Web Cookies
These spider web cookies are a fun treat for kids or adults. Use refrigerated cookie dough to make them for your Halloween party.
Things I love about these Halloween Cookies
- they are easy to make – make them using store-bought cookie dough for an easy shortcut
- with powdered sugar icing flavored with almond extract, they are delicious
- they can be made in advance
Make Ahead and Storage:
How far in Advance Can I Make these Spider Cookies?
You can easily make these cookies a couple of days in advance. Store them at room temperature
Can I Store these Sugar Cookies with Icing in the Refrigerator?
I would store any cookie decorated with icing at room temperature. The moisture from the refrigerator may cause the colors to bleed.
Storing: Store cookies at room temperature for up to 3 days. Storing them in an airtight container will ensure their freshness, but be aware any moisture build-up in the container might cause colors to bleed somewhat
If the icing has dried completely, you can stack cookies. If the icing is at all wet, then store them side by side
Tips and Tricks
- when making your icing for these cookies, you can thicken it or thin it out to your liking. To thicken the icing, add more powdered sugar. To thin the icing add more water or almond extract
- you can use store-bought gel icing in a tube as I did, use another black icing in a tube, or use a dark frosting as the web color
- change the webs up by using other Halloween colors
If you’re ready to make these fun Halloween cookies, then let’s make sure you have everything you’ll need…
- sugar cookies baked and cooled
- powdered sugar
- almond extract
- black gel icing
How do you Make Spider Web Cookies?
- Mix powdered sugar and water to make a white icing
- Spread icing onto cooled sugar cookies
- With your black tube icing, place a dot into the center of the cookie with 3 circles around it going to the outside of the cookie
- Using a toothpick, pull the black icing from the center dot to the outside circle – repeat 5 more times going all of the ways around the cookie
How to Make Spider Web Cookies for Halloween Treats
- 2 dozen sugar cookies baked and cooled
- 2 cups of powdered sugar
- 2 Tbsp. of water - an approximate estimation
- 2 tsp. of almond extract - approximate
- black icing in a tube or in a piping back with a writing tip
- In a medium-sized bowl, add powdered sugar
- Add water one tablespoon at a time stirring into the powdered sugar
- Add almond extract and stir in
- *If frosting is too thin, add more powdered sugar (one Tbsp. at a time until desired texture)
- Spread white icing onto cookies
- With the black icing, make a dot onto the center of the cookie and 3 circles around it - It will resemble a target with the bull's eye in the middle
- Using a toothpick, start at the center dot and pull frosting outward to the edge of the icing
- Repeat 5 more times, going around the cookie until you have a web