Citrus Punch is a delicious and refreshing punch that’s perfect for summer picnics and potlucks. Easy to make and full of sweet and tangy flavors. Sweet with just the right amount of tart to quench your thirst on a hot summer day.
Citrus Punch Drink
A delicious and refreshing sparkling punch drink for summer or holiday parties.
What I love about this drink:
- easy to make with very few ingredients
- the flavor is a nice tart and sweet flavor which I love
- can be easily adapted with different fruit flavors
Make Ahead and Storage:
How far in advance can I make Citrus Punch?
I would make this punch the day of your party or cookout. Ginger Ale is carbonated and provides lovely fizz to your drink. Once the seal has been broken on your soda bottle, the carbonation starts to diminish.
If you want to make this punch well in advance, then combine everything but the ginger ale. Add the ginger ale just before serving and mix in
Storage: Store in a large pitcher with a lid on and in the fridge
Leftovers: Place leftovers in a covered pitcher and in the refrigerator. Store for up to 3 days
Freezing: Freeze punch in an airtight freezer container for up to 3 months. Freezing will make the soda go flat, but the flavor will still be delicious
Thawing: Thaw in the refrigerator or thaw partially and blend in a blender to make a slush
Tips and Tricks:
- if you don’t like the tartness of grapefruit juice, then try to substitute it with pineapple, or omit it and add more orange juice
- if you don’t have lime juice then change out lime juice for lemon juice
Are you ready to make this refreshing summer drink? Let’s make sure you have everything you’ll need:
- granulated sugar – this is to basically make a simple syrup with
- water – the other half of your simple syrup which will be heated up on the stove
- orange juice – try to refrigerate your juice so it is nice and chilled
- grapefruit juice – my kids were not the biggest fans of grapefruit juice, but the adults loved it in the recipe. Feel free to substitute grapefruit juice with other juice or omit it and add more orange juice
- lime juice – again, try to use chilled juices so your punch is nice and refreshing to drink
- ginger ale – I have substituted ginger ale in the past with other lemon-lime sodas, but I really prefer ginger ale in this recipe
How do you make Citrus Punch?
- In a medium saucepan add the sugar and water
- heat until boiling and cook down for about 5 minutes
- cover and cool the syrup in the refrigerator
- combine the syrup, juices, and soda
- serve over ice
More Punch Recipes:
I’d love it if you’d come and hang out with me on Social Media –
Facebook Page for Recipes Passed Down
Facebook Group where we share recipes – Our Best Recipes and Holiday Treats
Pinterest Page for Recipes Passed Down
Here’s the printable recipe for this citrus pink recipe:Print