These Easy Banana Nut Muffins are sweet, moist, and loaded with flavor. The perfect snack, breakfast, dessert, or sweet treat that’s always a big hit.
Easy Banana Nut Muffins
I can tell you this…These didn’t last long on the counter.
They are the perfect size for a quick breakfast or afternoon snack. My favorite way to eat banana bread is warmed up with a dollop of butter.
What I love about this Banana Nut Muffin Recipe
- It’s moist and full of flavor
- packed with delicious nuts
- easy to make and come out perfectly each time
How Do I know if Bananas are Ripe for Baking?
Bananas that are ripe for baking should be brown or even black. They should have a mushy texture
How do I force my Bananas to become Ripe for Baking?
Slow roast bananas at 300 degrees for about 15-20 minutes. As they bake, they will sweeten up
How Long Can I Store Homemade Banana Nut Muffins?
- Left out at room temperature, Banana Muffins should last 2-3 days
How Do I Store My Banana Muffins?
- Placing a paper towel in your sealed container to soak up any moisture and left at room temperature, banana muffins can be set out on the counter and left at room temperature
Can you Freeze Banana Muffins?
- Store muffins in a freezer-proof bag with wax paper between each of the muffins. Banana Muffins can be stored in a freezer for up to 3 months. To thaw your muffins, set them out at room temperature to thaw or you can microwave them over a paper towel until they are thawed
Are you ready to make this banana muffin recipe? Let’s make sure you have everything you’ll need:
Ingredients for Banana Muffins
- unsifted all-purpose flour
- baking soda
- ripe bananas – mashed – ripe bananas will have brown skin and they will have a very mushy texture
- chopped walnuts – you can substitute chopped pecans
- buttermilk – can substitute homemade buttermilk although the recipe is better with store-bought buttermilk
- vanilla extract – pure vanilla extract is preferred
- large eggs
- granulated sugar
- oil – like canola oil or corn oil
How do you Make Banana Nut Muffins?
- Preheat the oven and grease your muffin tins
- In a large bowl, whisk the all-purpose flour, the baking soda, and salt
- Then, add the rest of the ingredients and mix together
- Pour the banana muffin batter into muffin tins – fill them up until they are about 3/4 of the way full
- Bake the muffins for 20-25 minutes – or until they are golden and a toothpick inserted into the center of the muffins comes out clean