- 8 lb. (bone-in) spiral ham
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- 1 cup of honey
- 1 (15 oz.) can of pineapple chunks
- cooking spray
- herbs and berries for garnish
- First coat the crock pot with cooking spray
- Place the ham, cut side down
- Coat the top of ham with brown sugar
- Pour honey over the brown sugar
- Finally, pour the pineapple chunks and juices out over the ham
- Place the lid on the slow cooker and turn to low
- Cook for 3-4 hours or until the internal temperature of the thickest part of the ham reaches 145 degrees
- Transfer ham to a serving platter
- Pour some of the juice into a saucepan and add a mixture of 1 Tbsp. of cornstarch and 1 Tbsp. of water
- Cook over medium/high heat for a few minutes or until it has thickened up
- Pour glaze over ham
- Garnish if desired
Can I Make this Ham Ahead of Time?
You can, but I wouldn’t suggest it. While a warmed-up ham is still delicious, it won’t be as good as hot and lifted right out of the juices that it has been simmering in. The crock pot can cook right alongside you while you prepare the sides.
How do you store ham?
Store leftover ham covered in the refrigerator for 3- days
Reheat the ham in a baking pan covered in foil at 275 degrees
How Big of a Ham Should I Get?
Get about 1 pound of ham per person. This will ensure that you have enough for dinner and some leftovers to make delicious meals with
Baking in an oven:
If you would rather bake your ham in the oven, then follow the directions for preparing but in an oven-proof pot at 325 degrees for 12-15 minutes per pound
What Sides Should I Serve with Ham?
- green beans
- mashed potatoes
- macaroni and cheese
- baked beans
- tossed salad
- baked carrots
- corn casserole
- green bean casserole
What Can I Make with Leftover Ham?
- Scalloped ham and potatoes
- Ham Sliders
- Cobb Salad
- Ham and Bean Soup
Tips and Tricks
- Making a glaze is easy. Just transfer some of the juices to a saucepan and add a mixture of equal amounts of cornstarch and water – 1 Tbsp of each per 1 cup of sauce for a thick glaze. Use less for a thinner glaze
- If you do not like pineapple juice try orange juice, lime juice, or lemon juice
- Make sure your slow cooker is big enough for the ham to fit fully, but if you can’t quite get it to fit – it’s fine to cut the ham so it fits
- Placing the ham cut side down prevents it from drying out while it cooks
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 3-4 hours