This Pumpkin-Shaped Cheeseball is not only cute, but it’s also delicious. It’s a fun way to bring in fall, and celebrate Halloween, and even Thanksgiving with friends and family. Easy to make, and so cute.
Pumpkin Shaped Cheeseball
This cheeseball is actually really easy to make. It’s a great appetizer to make for holidays, as it is easy to make in advance.
Things I love about this recipe:
- I love how festive it looks. It’s such a fun holiday recipe
- It’s really simple to mold with an easy hack
- This cheeseball can last for several days in the refrigerator freeing up time for you to do other things
Can I make this Cheeseball in Advance?
Yes! You can make this cheeseball at least a few days and up to five days in advance. Just cover it with plastic wrap and store it in the refrigerator until you are ready to serve it.
Storing: Store on a serving platter and cover with plastic wrap in the refrigerator
Leftovers: Cover leftovers with plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days
What Can I Serve with this Cheeseball?
- butter crackers
- Ritz crackers
- sesame crackers
- Wheat thins
- Multi-Grain crackers
- sliced vegetables like cucumber, carrots, and celery sticks
- pita wedges
- tortilla chips
- corn chips
Tips and Tricks:
- I have an easy hack for making the seams of the pumpkin. Just set your cheeseball onto wax paper and pull the wax paper up around the cheeseball. Push a silicone spatula or similar utensil into the sides creating wedges
- Roll the cheeseball in a mound of shredded cheddar cheese to add even more orange to the outside, flavor, and texture
Are you ready to make this fall cheeseball? Let’s make sure you have everything you’ll need:
- cream cheese – original and Neufchatel cheese both work well for this recipe
- cream cheese with chives – you can usually find this in a plastic container and near the cream cheese
- chili powder – this provides flavor and an orange color for the cheeseball
- paprika – another spice that provides flavor and color to this cheeseball
- shredded cheddar cheese – this will get mixed into the cheeseball and will coat the outside
- fresh broccoli – this will be used as a stem for the pumpkin shape
How do you make a Pumpkin Shaped Cheeseball?
- mix the two types of cream cheese together
- fold in spices and half of the cheddar cheese
- on a sheet of wax paper, pour out the rest of the cheddar cheese
- place kitchen gloves on your hands and mold the cheeseball into a ball
- roll the cheese ball around in the shredded cheese
- pull the wax paper up around the cheeseball
- push a silicone spatula (or similar utensil) into the wax paper to make the ridges for the pumpkin
- pull the wax paper down
- cut the head of a large broccoli floret off of its’ stem
- place the stem onto the center of the pumpkin
- serve with crackers