A delicious and spooky taco dip for a Halloween appetizer
- 12 oz. of cream cheese – softened
- 1 cup of sour cream – divided
- 1/2 cup of salsa
- 1/2 packet of taco seasoning – more if you prefer a stronger flavor
- 1 cup of guacamole
- Mix 1/2 of the sour cream, cream cheese, salsa, and taco seasoning
- Spread into a round casserole dish
- spread enough guacamole over the center taco dip to cover about 3/4 of it
- Spoon the rest of the sour cream into a baggie and snip a corner for piping
- pipe a dot of sour cream into the center of the guacamole, and make 3 rings around it going all the way to the edge of the guacamole
- use a knife to pull from the center dot of sour cream to the edges of the dip – into about 6 sections (just as if you were slicing a pie)
- cover and refrigerate until ready to serve
Can this Taco Dip be Made in Advance?
You can make the bottom layer several days in advance. When you are ready to serve it at your party, just spread the guacamole and add the sour cream for a fun Halloween decoration
Making Ahead: Mix the softened cream cheese, salsa, sour cream, and taco seasoning. Spread onto your round serving platter. Cover and refrigerate for up to 5 days. On the day of the get-together, spread guacamole, and pipe the sour cream to make a fun and spooky web
Storing: Guacamole, once exposed to air will oxidize and start to turn brown, so this is not the ideal dip to keep leftovers. You could scrape the guacamole off and store the orange portion covered and in the refrigerator for a few days.
Take out and serve with tortilla chips whenever you want
Freezing: I would not freeze this dip. The salsa and cream cheese mixture will change the texture and not be that appealing
Can I Keep My Homemade Guacamole from Discoloring?
I have heard that you can soak scooped-out avocado flesh in salt water (2 cups of water to 1/4 cup of salt) for about 10 minutes. Take avocado halves out and mash them into your guacamole recipe for guacamole that stays green
How do you make a Spider Web?
It’s easy. Make a target shape with a few circles and a dot in the center. Then, draw a line from the center dot to the outer circle in about 6 different sections
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: refrigerate 2+ hours